Our ‘VW Transporter T6.1 2020 specs & prices’ articles lists the specifications and prices for both new models of the VW Transporter. The 2020 Transporter is based on the existing chassis but it introduces a range of new technology and safety systems.
Whereas previous models of the Transporter had four trim levels (Startline, Trendline, Highline and Sportline), the new model will only initially be available with the Startline and Highline trim.
The basic Startline model is based at the fleet and, as a result, offers relatively little in the way of equipment:
• Composition Colour DAB+ radio system with 6.5-inch touchscreen and four speakers, SD card slot, Bluetooth and two USB interfaces (type C) in dashboard (NEW)
• App-Connect (NEW)
• Crosswind Assist (NEW)
• Electromechanical speed-sensitive power steering (NEW)
• Leather multi-function steering wheel (NEW)
• LED interior lighting with two reading lights in the roof console (NEW)
• Height and longitudinally adjustable steering column
• Electric windows in the cab
• Electrically heated and adjustable door mirrors
• Electronic Stability Control with Brake Assist, ABS, ASR, EDS and Hill Start Assist
• Lashing rings for load restraint system, reinforced (ISO 27956)
• Rear wing doors without window apertures
• Remote central locking with interior locking and two remote folding keys
• Robust rubber floor in the cab
The flagship Highline is aimed at owner-drivers seeking more comfort and, as such, features a lot more extras including:
• Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) with speed limiter (NEW)
• ‘Bricks’ cloth upholstery in Titanium Black (NEW)
• Electrically heated, adjustable and foldable door mirrors (NEW)
• Parking sensors, front and rear (NEW)
• Anti-theft alarm system with interior monitoring in cab, backup horn and towing protection
• Automatic headlights
• Automatic windscreen wipers with rain sensor
• Body-coloured door mirror housings, door handles and bumpers
• Climatic air conditioning system
• Front fog lights with cornering function
• Heated front windscreen
Of course, this extra equipment does come at a price. Prices now very between £21,635 and £28,530 plus VAT for the standard Startline and a whopping £26,125 and £36,075 plus VAT for the Highline.
VW Transporter T6.1 2020 specs & prices verdict
The Volkswagen Transporter is the most expensive mid-size van on the market and the equipment level isn’t fantastic. What it does offer though is excellent build quality and the best residual values in its class.